How to do grout cleaning of the bathroom and floor tiles?
Grout is the filling between two tiles which becomes dirty, blackish over the time. Bathroom tiles continuous in contact with the water, soapy solution, and dirt. It requires regular cleaning otherwise grout stores the dirt and become mouldy. In this article, we have covered a few DIY grout cleaning tips and tricks for a quick house cleaning.
How to clean grout from the tile?
Grout cleaning is a time taking job which requires much patience to do it. You can try various grout cleaning products as per the list below.
A few grout cleaning products
- Chlorine Bleach
- Sodium bicarbonate soda and water paste
- White vinegar
- Baking soda and dishwashing liquid
- Magic eraser
- Grout cleaner
- Bi- carbonated soda, lemon juice
Steps for grout cleaning of the bathroom and kitchen.
- Open your window, doors for the air circulation. Keep the bathroom exhaust fan ON during the cleaning.
- Use rubber protective gloves, eye protective spaces, warm water bucket and clean rags while cleaning.
- Choose any cleaning solution such as Bleach, baking soda + water, white vinegar, baking soda + dishwashing liquid, Magic eraser,
- Grout cleaner, Baking soda + lemon juice.
- Apply the cleaning solution on the affected tile area. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. Scrub with the grout scrubbing brush.
- Wipe it down the dirt with the hot water and microfiber cloth.
- Repeat the process if required.
Grout Cleaning at the End of Lease:
At the end of your lease, tenants are required to hand over the cleaned house to their house owner or real estate agent. If you have a few places in the bathroom which require grout cleaning then the end of lease cleaning company removes the grouts. Entire property grout cleaning isn’t a part of end of lease cleaning. If you require entire property tile grout cleaning then it’s part of tile polishing and grout cleaning. It requires much time, effort and equipment for grout cleaning. End of lease cleaning Melbourne provides grout cleaning service as per your requirements.
Sometimes, tiles become mouldy and old. Old tiles require more time and efforts for grout cleaning. However, there is no guarantee that you can clean the grout completely. In this situation, Tiles require refills to make the tiles new.
- Check your tile grouting colour. If you find broken grout in a tile, then pull out small parts from the toilet corner or bathroom corner.
- Take the small grout sample to the hardware shop and get the exact grout colour as per your current tile grout sample.
- Clean the tiles and grout to remove dirt and dust.
- Make a paste from the grout filling powder as per the packet instruction.
- Apply the grout filling between the tiles and remove excess grout mixer with the soft sponge. Leave the area for the complete dry.
- Once the tile grouting is dry then use wet cloth to buff the surface.
- If you are not sure then hire a professional team who can re-grout your entire property tile.
General Cleaning tips for the property grout cleaning:
Thorough mopping by using hot water can avoid dirt stuck in the grout.
Use soapy water solution for mopping once in a month.
Apply kitchen cleaning products such as baking soda, vinegar, lemon and dishwashing liquid once you find the dirty grout in a bathroom or kitchen as soon as you find them.
Re-grouting your tiles as you need.