Cleaning a kitchen range hood and filter with heavy grease buildup can be a challenging task, but with some elbow grease and the right tools, it can be done effectively. Here are some steps you can follow to clean kitchen rangehood and filter thoroughly:
Clean Kitchen Rangehood
- Turn off the power: The first step is to turn off the power to your range hood to avoid any electrical accidents.
- Remove the filter: Remove the filter from the range hood and place it in a sink or basin filled with hot water and dishwashing detergent. Let the filter soak for at least 15 minutes to loosen the grease.
- Scrub the filter: Use a soft-bristled brush or a sponge to scrub the filter gently. Pay special attention to the areas with heavy grease buildup, and use a degreaser if necessary.
- Rinse the filter: Rinse the filter thoroughly with hot water to remove any remaining grease or detergent.
- Clean the hood: Using a degreaser or a mixture of vinegar and water, spray the range hood generously. Allow the solution to sit for a few minutes to break down the grease. Then, use a scrub brush or sponge to scrub the hood thoroughly. Be sure to clean both the inside and outside of the hood, as well as the fan blades.
- Wipe down the surface: Use a clean cloth or paper towel to wipe down the range hood surface to remove any remaining grease or cleaner.
- Dry the filter and hood: Once everything is clean, allow the filter and range hood to air dry completely before reinstalling the filter and turning on the power.
- Consider deep cleaning: If the grease buildup is too stubborn, you may need to deep clean the range hood and filter. To do this, you can mix a paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the filter, scrubbing gently with a soft-bristled brush. Rinse the filter thoroughly and allow it to air dry. For the range hood, you can use a degreaser or a mixture of vinegar and baking soda to create a paste. Apply the paste to the hood and scrub gently with a brush or sponge, then rinse with hot water and dry thoroughly.
- Regular maintenance: To prevent heavy grease buildup in the future, it’s essential to perform regular maintenance on your range hood and filter. Wipe down the surface of the range hood after each use to remove any grease or food particles. Depending on how frequently you use your range hood, you may need to clean the filter once a month or every few months.
- Replace the filter: If your filter is damaged or you can’t seem to remove all the grease buildup, it may be time to replace it. Check your owner’s manual for the recommended filter replacement schedule, and make sure to purchase the correct filter for your range hood.
Clean Kitchen Cupboards
Cleaning kitchen cupboards to remove grease can be a bit of a challenge, but there are a few effective ways to get the job done. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Remove all items from the cupboards: Before you start cleaning, take everything out of the cupboards and place them on the counter or table. This will make it easier to clean the inside of the cupboards.
- Mix a cleaning solution: You can use a variety of cleaning solutions to remove grease from kitchen cupboards, but one of the most effective is a mixture of warm water and dish soap. Add a few drops of dish soap to a bucket of warm water and mix well.
- Scrub the cupboards: Dip a sponge or rag into the cleaning solution and scrub the inside of the cupboards. Pay extra attention to areas with heavy grease buildup. You may need to scrub harder or use a scrub brush to remove stubborn grease.
- Rinse with clean water: After scrubbing, rinse the cupboards with clean water. Use a clean sponge or rag to remove any soap residue.
- Dry the cupboards: Use a clean towel to dry the cupboards thoroughly. Make sure there is no moisture left behind, as this can promote mold growth.
- Reorganize and restock: Once the cupboards are dry, you can put everything back inside. Take the opportunity to reorganize and declutter as needed.
- Clean the exterior of the cupboards: The exterior of the cupboards can also collect grease and grime over time. Use the same cleaning solution and a clean sponge or rag to wipe down the exterior surfaces, including the handles and knobs.
- Pay attention to high-touch areas: Areas that are touched frequently, such as the handles and knobs, can be breeding grounds for bacteria. Use a disinfectant cleaner or wipes to sanitize these areas after cleaning.
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule: To prevent grease buildup in the future, it’s important to maintain a regular cleaning schedule. Wipe down the interior and exterior of the cupboards once a week or as needed.
- Use liners: Consider using shelf liners inside the cupboards to make future cleaning easier. These can be removed and washed as needed.
By following these steps, you can effectively clean kitchen cupboards to remove grease and keep them looking their best.
Cleaning a kitchen rangehood and filtering with heavy grease buildup can be challenging, but by following these steps, you can make the process more manageable and effective. Regular maintenance is key to preventing heavy grease buildup, so make sure to clean your range hood and filter regularly to keep your kitchen clean and healthy. At the time of end of lease cleaning, the tenants needs to clean kitchen cupboards and rangehood properly to get their bond back.