The dishwasher is highly recommended for the household with the family. It saves more water than cleaning the dishes through tap water in a sink. Dishwasher requires cleaning to keep your plates, glasses, cups and other crockery safe and germ-free. Here are some tips and tricks to clean dishwasher like a pro and keep it healthy and safe.
Dishwasher cleaning with vinegar
- Vinegar is a great cleaning agent which can deal with dishwasher dirt and odour.
- Use white vinegar in a cup and put it in a bowl on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
- Run a quick hot water cycle to clean it properly.
- If your dishwasher is messy then use 2 cups of vinegar to run an empty dishwasher.
How to clean the dishwasher with soda?
- Bi-carbonate soda can observe the odour and remove stains from the dishwasher easily.
- Sprinkle some bi- carbonated soda at the bottom of the dishwasher and wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a spray bottle to sprinkle some vinegar on the top of the soda layer and wait for another 5 minutes.
- Scrub the surface with the sponge.
- Wipe down the area with a clean rug or microfibre cloth. Use hot water to clean the cloth.
Remove dirt and clean dishwasher with dishwashing liquid:
- It’s a basic cleaning agent which can remove a certain amount of germs and bacteria.
- Use dishwashing liquid and water solution to wipe down the dishwasher stacks and surface with the sponge.
- Scrub the surface if it’s required.
- Use a clean rug or microfibre cloth to remove dirt and solution.
- Run a quick cycle without any plates or cups.
The Basic dishwasher cleaning tips:
- Remove food scraps from the dishwasher drainage after each cycle.
- Don’t stop the dishwasher without finishing a complete cleaning cycle.
- Clean filter and drainage to keep the dishwasher quality and durability.
- Wipe it down the dishwasher front door and switch with the multipurpose spray or vinegar-soaked cloth once a week.
- Service the dishwasher regularly if required.
- Move the dishwasher and clean the area at least once a year. dust, spiders can be stuck behind the dishwasher machine from the tiny space.
- Close the dishwasher door when you’re not in use. Dirty dishes and bowls can spread bad odour if it’s open.
- Don’t place big items such as cookers or pots. It can stop the dishwasher fan.
- Arrange your crockery as per your dishwasher instructions.
- Keep the obstacles between dishwashing tablet cover and plate. The tablet cover requires some space to open while cleaning.
- Don’t overload the dishwasher. Run a dishwasher twice if required with the fare capacity.
- Use a high-quality dishwasher tablet that can clean, remove dirt and kill germs.
- Keep the dishwasher open once you run a complete cycle. Let it dry properly to avoid stinking.
- Try to remove food junk from the plate and then put it in a dishwasher to avoid drainage blockage issues.
Dishwasher cleaning at the end of lease:
Do you have a dishwasher at your rental property? If yes, then you’ll be required to clean the dishwasher at the time of handing over the keys. It is a simple task to do but easy to forget while moving the property. The real estate agent or landlord will check the entire property with small areas like this. Tenants should clean the dishwasher by following simple steps from the above options.
If you’re hiring an end of lease cleaning company then make sure you include the dishwasher in your cleaning quote. Most of the companies charge extra for the appliances. End of lease cleaning Melbourne has experienced vacate cleaners who can clean the entire property with 7 days cleaning guarantee. They provide customised end of lease cleaning quotes if you require to clean your appliances, and they charge a little amount of $15-20 to clean the dishwasher.