Exterior windows, patio, backyard gets dirty due to extreme weather conditions. It requires cleaning and maintenance in a timely manner. Here are some tips and tricks to clean a patio, veranda, backyard pergola.
Patio cleaning Methods:
- If you have a greasy or oily floor then dishwashing liquid can remove the oil quickly. Prepare a solution with dishwashing liquid/ water: 30/70 ratio in a bucket. Cover the area with this solution and leave for 15-20 minutes. Use a water hose and rinse the area well.
- Concrete floors can build up dirt and debris due to extreme weather conditions. Clean a patio with a pressure washer to remove dirt quickly.
- Use diluted vinegar on the dirty spots or weeds. Vinegar can burn weeds and stop their growth.
- You can also use diluted bleach over the old discoloured concrete area. Spray diluted bleach over the old concrete surface and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Use pressure wash to remove the dirt. Be careful while working with the bleach. Bleach damages the plants, clothes and timber floor.
- Use floor cleaning liquid to clean timber floors and pergola. No need to use harsh chemicals on the timber floors.
Items required for the cleaning
- A bucket
- Water hose
- Dishwashing liquid
General tips to keep your exterior property area beautiful.
- Maintain your lawn by feeding the lawn and removing weeds on a regular basis. Move your lawn once or twice in a month.
- If you find weeds between the concrete gap or artificial grass beds then treat them with weed killer liquid, vinegar-water solution or dishwashing liquid- water solution.
- Remove cobwebs and spiders from the exterior windows, walls and pergola.
- Use a blower to get rid of dry leaves from your front yard and backyard.
- Wash your exterior windows, curtains and sheds once in a year.
- Remove dirt from your roof gutter to clear the water blockage.
- If you have an outdoor kitchen, barbecue then clean them properly before and after usage.
- Take care of your pets’ poop to reduce bugs and insects.
Are you moving a house at the end of lease and required to clean a patio?
If you have an exterior patio, backyard or pergola at your rental property then it requires to be cleaned at the end of lease. A tenant doesn’t need to make the patio brand new but it has to be in realistic condition. You can easily take care of your exterior patio by regular cleaning and maintenance.
End of lease cleaning Melbourne provides rental cleaning with the extra service if you require it. Most of the companies charge extra for the exterior windows, patio, pergola or barbecue cleaning.